Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 31: Miles


Ok. Remember him? My sweet missionary friend who left like… A month ago. Yeah. Well, being the great friend that I am, I have yet to write him a letter. It's just so hard. Especially when I'm really busy and there are so many of my friends on missions now, I make excuses so that I don't have to write ten thousand letters and get carpal tunnel in my right hand. I caved though. I wrote him a letter and mailed him a tie.

Wanna know why?

My good friend Jessica wood sent me a text saying, "From Elder Brooks: Proverbs 25:25" She said she was instructed to send me that text immediately after reading it. As I found my good ol' scriptures and looked it up, this is what it had to say,

"As cold water to a thirsty soul,
so is good news from a far land."

I had to laugh. Any missionary who would take the time to send me that scripture definitely deserves a letter. Not that I'm good at letter writing. Trust me, I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment